Tyler and I got back to Raleigh just in time to enjoy the heat of the summer with everybody else. We walked into our home sweet home and the heat of the day that had seeped through the door a bit abruptly greeted us. Out we went to his parents’ until we could get our AC fixed. We were not exactly expecting it, but all things considered, I think we dealt with it quite well. We praise God for His lavish grace towards us.
So it’s the beginning of July. The heat has hit us and we are all enjoying sweet tea and sitting around.
But I think I’ll still set a few goals for myself.
First things first, of course, a little reflection on last month’s aspirations.
1. Yep. I’ve read A Thousand Gifts. And a blog post review will shortly follow this one. I did not realize what I was in for!
2. Yep. Began my thousand thankful list. It’s not something that I necessarily pen every day, but I keep it written in my memory, and I thank our good Lord daily for all of our sweet blessings. I do again thank Him because I think it was Ann’s encouragement that kept my chin up when we came home after three weeks, anticipating a cool, welcome home and our own bed, and ended up with a heat-full house and another night away from our own house. (Listen, it wasn’t that bad. It’s just we were really really really excited about being HOME!)
3. And almost. I’m almost finished memorizing The Excellent Wife passage of scripture. It has almost wrecked me as I let the Word of the Lord saturate my soul. A DOWNPOUR of His truth into my life. Rain can wreck and rain can restore. And the Lord’s rain in my heart is doing both. First wrecking my selfish ambition, vain conceit, flesh desires. Then… and some now… restoring me new and whole in Christ, filled with the fruit of the Spirit and a holy ambition to be all that He has made me, saved me, called me, and prepare for me to be and to do. Whew. I’m excited and reticent all mixed together.
4. I have been able to work out. I just started the 7 Day Arm Challenge. Today was day one. I will let you know.
So with that in mind,… I go before the Lord asking Him what goals I should set up for myself, for the Lord and I, this month.
And here’s how I think He’s leading me…
1. To complete the Becoming an Excellent Wife by Cynthia Heald study that I’ve been doing. I’m a big follow through girl, but I think it’s important to mention this study and the fact that I plan to complete it because it goes hand in hand with memorizing Proverbs 31:10-31 and with all that the Lord is working out in my life right now.
2. To re-establish my healthy eating habits. Traveling is an interruption to my healthy eating habits. I am super glad that I can travel with Tyler and be apart of the ministry the Lord has given him, so it’s so little to give up the convenience of planning my meals and knowing what I’m going to eat from meal to meal. However, now that we are basically back home – Tyler has three more weeks and one of those three weeks I’ll be joining him – I want to ‘get back on it.’
3. Leland is NINE months this month. And Tyler and I are thinking through how best particularly to parent him for his good and for the Lord’s glory. This is a significant matter of prayer for us. Proverbs 2 is Scripture where we have started to pray for discernment and direction as we steward well our precious gift from the Lord.
I lay this all before the Lord, our Sovereign God, and ask Him to have His way. For the glory of His name, Amen.